Friday 23 November 2007

Oliver Cromwell Interview


Welcome to this weeks edition of Hot interview.

Hot interview is provided to you by Hot Magazine and their very own reporter.

So lets get down to business and introduce this weeks guest, Oliver Cromwell .
So sit back, relax and read on to enjoy the one and only interview with Oliver Cromwell.


You are a very well known Englishman who was born in 1599 in Huntingdon , a county town near London. I believe this is a very nice town to live, would you agree?

That is correct, I was born in Huntingdon and later baptized at St Johns church

How is your marriage to Sir Robert Bourchier daughter developing?

I got married just after my 21st birthday to Elizabeth Bourchier in summer 1620, my wife is a year older than me. Elizabeth’s father is a very successful businessman who inherited land from his father.

You are very well educated I believe?

My father wanted me to be very well educated; this is when my education started with Rev Long. Then I got the chance to attend the local grammar school, and then Sidney Sussex College, when my father died I didn’t want to study my degree any more.

What happened to the family home after your fathers death?

When my father died I came back from London to manage the house and estate my father owned in Huntingdon, I farmed the small amount of land. Other than farming, I looked after my widowed mother. Not forgetting my sisters needed looked after to.

What is your political status these days?

As I am a member of parliament I represent my hometown of Huntingdon.

There is word going about you are neglecting your parliamentary duties, is this true?

I saw the article about me neglecting the country in the paper, it’s wrong that people should be allowed to say such things about me.

You had a meeting yesterday with parliament on who should lead the army, what happened. Is there anything the public should know?

I have been promoted to Lieutenant general and informed that I should lead the army due to my leadership qualities.

There is rumour that Charles in planning a Scottish uprising, how do you feel about that?

At my age I don’t worry about such matters.

I should let you get on Mr Cromwell. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions and give good information to the children of Huntingdon school.